Sponsoring a Beehive is not costly or time consuming!
There are many reasons why people and companies would like to Sponsor a Hive. Here are a few:
- To show customers and stakeholders that you are "doing your bit" to reduce the decline of the honeybee and other pollinators.
- To "give something back"! By sponsoring a hive, you are not only creating another home for a colony of bees, you are creating an opportunity for someone to learn beekeeping and gain skills which can be transferred to help them gain employment.
- To "Be responsible" and recognise that there are important things in like such as the decline of the honey bee and the loss of the meadows that they used to feed on.
- As a present, you don't have to have the space to keep bees and become a beekeeper. You can sponsor a hive for someone that you know. They can do the FREE training through the Bee Educated programme and put their knowledge into practise by looking after the hive that you have sponsored for them.
- To get honey, if you like in Manchester or Cheshire and want to eat the honey to help with allergies but you cannot accommodate them yourself, this is also the project for you.
Beekeeping is an expensive hobby and because of this, it is hard to make a profit of keeping bees. Due to the added pressure and decline of the honey bee, things have progressively became more expensive and starting beekeeping from scratch carries a large cost unless you wish to buy cheap or reused equipment which is not recommended as used equipment carries infections and diseases which can kill all your bees and using cheap protective equipment leads to things such as....... a bee getting in your suit!
In light of this and the need to support the honeybee. We have developed a project where you can donate money to pay for the upkeep of a hive by one of our learners, trainee beekeepers or volunteers.
By Sponsoring a Hive, you will be giving something that will mean a lot to the bees, our community and the environment. For a fraction of the cost to start a beekeeping project, you will be able to support all the above with as little as £5 per week.
In return for your donation, we will publicise your generosity!
We use facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Linked In, Instagram and other forms of social media to tell local communities, what you have done and how your sponsored hive is progressing throughout the year.
You can also decide what happens with the produce from the hive!
if you would like to sponsor a hive, use our contact us page!
Beekeeper Training in Manchester
There are a few places that will provide training in Manchester but there are different options available!
Book your Beekeeper Training in Manchester